-->

You've In All Likelihood Been Wondering, Hey, Where The Hell Is My Auto Guy Laid Upward Of Daily Cool Stuff?

You've In All Likelihood Been Wondering, Hey, Where The Hell Is My Auto Guy Laid Upward Of Daily Cool Stuff?
You've In All Likelihood Been Wondering, Hey, Where The Hell Is My Auto Guy Laid Upward Of Daily Cool Stuff?
well, I savage downwards the rabbit hole, together with went after a story, which had entirely been hinted at.

See, I works life a overnice ol slice of Americana, it was an advertizement for the Yellowstone Natl Park, together with it was from the Union Pacific Railroad company, who had hired a guy past times the holler of Walter W Oehrle.

Well, they hired him, because he was talented, together with they got him young, together with cheap, piece making a syndicated comic strip, together with he needed a fleck of instantly together with thence function for extra cash to acquire through the groovy depression, which he kept doing for years piece to brand existent money. Then he went to function at Disney Productions, on the Donald Duck cartoons, together with the Silly Symphonies.

Then he invented 1 of the meridian 10 most iconic together with recognizable marketing mascots at that topographic point e'er was, together with he was the creative mortal that blew Mickey Mouse out of the meridian ten. Seriously. Mickey was overnice if yous were at the Disney common inwards Anaheim, but if not, well, yous weren't seeing him much.

Anyway, he changed his concluding holler to Early... so, his subsequently function is signed Walter Early, together with he got busy doing paintings for advertisements, simply similar Norman Rockwell, who he was inwards contest alongside for the Mobilgas job organization human relationship for ads inwards the Sat Evening Post, together with Colliers.

I intend if you've been reading along for the past times pair of years, you'll know I greatly admire together with honour Norman Rockwell, together with Disney animators together with cartoonists. By jove, I intend they sorta created the whole apple tree pie together with quaternary of July feeling most America that the midwest actually loved inwards the belatedly 30's through the mid 50s.

Anyway, thence I had learned of Walter W Oehrle, instantly I simply type WWO for short, together with works life that at that topographic point was cipher most him online, together with I don't similar that at all. When I detect something I honour together with admire, god damn it at that topographic point amend hold out something online to percentage alongside other people that similar artists together with inventors, together with if not, good damn it, every bit John Wayne would say, I'll going to produce something.

So I did. And it took upwards to a greater extent than fourth dimension than whatsoever postal service has inwards years. And I was upwards til v am concluding nighttime simply putting on finishing touches, because simply about iii am was when I works life that he'd gotten some function for Mobilgas (you know, auto stuff!) together with that was because simply about 1am I learned most the concluding holler getting changed, together with simply about ii am I learned that he'd definitely worked at Walt Disney, together with every bit those things plough to some other together with I get-go getting somewhere, well, I simply didn't hand up

Then I learned that his big claim to fame, Elsie the Cow, had been made into olfactory organ fine art on a B-29 -  well, shit. That's simply to a greater extent than of the sort of affair that I dig (you know, some people were non happy i took a pair weeks to simply postal service WW2 materials together with it was generally olfactory organ art, which thence became a rootage to acquire the best of together with brand a facebook page for)

Lastly, I learned that he'd overstep a painter that LIFE periodical went to for art.... now, how much to a greater extent than Americana does a mortal get? Other than John Wayne, together with Hugh Hefner, together with JFK I guess. 
Advertisement